Embodied Mindfulness Mentoring:
Embodied Mindfulness is a practice that releases us from pre-occupation to presence and to be present.
Embodied Mindfulness invites a dropping down and into our sensate experience which takes us gently out of discursive thinking, worry, fear and anxiety and into a more easeful knowing awareness. And, it gathers our mind, body and heart together as one reflective and conscious being, more fully alive, available for joy and love, generosity of spirit and kindness.
Mindfulness is a bridge to insight, wisdom and compassion. It’s opens possibility, and possibility leads to choice and hope.
Life with everything it offers can be held with more tenderness and understanding, and our individual lives can have more capacity for meaning and inner bounty.
One of the richest benefits of mentoring is the importance of receiving support that will be beneficial to you personally. A book, podcast or app can’t quite do that but a relationship with another being of like heart can.
Schedule an appointment here: https://JillSatterfieldconnect.as.me/
Waking up to life, re-evaluating and deepening an understanding of what matters and creating intentions are what guide us towards our natural heart of goodness and shared humanity. Together we walk a spiritual path worth taking for ourselves, each other and the world.
Some of the Benefits of Embodied Mindfulness:
- Supports the development of a personal and sustainable and or revitalized practice of mindfulness and meditation.
- Cultivates compassion, emotional intelligence and the capacity to take kind care of yourself and others – at home, and at work
- Contains a path that aids in living a life of integrity, creativity and authenticity
- Supports the integration of mind/body tools to add to your professional work as a therapist, school teacher, coach, counselor, healthcare provider, mindfulness facilitator, employee, manager
- Is helpful when working with a (or your) body and mind that might not be at it’s best, with illness, pain, trauma, addictions and or aging
- Facilitates a clarity of mind that can navigate tough decisions and solve complex problems at work, or at home guided by ethical non harming principles
- Calms the central nervous system and creates the conditions for a more relaxed and open mind
Applied Embodied Mindfulness Integration and Practice for Therapists and Healthcare Providers
The benefits of this approach is two fold:
Whether as one on one coaching, or in small groups, this confidential approach to integrating embodied mindfulness into clinical work adds practical, accessible, secular tools that can be directly applied to your work with clients and patients.
As importantly, with guided practices and discussion you will gain the direct experience of what a particular practice does, why it works, and how you might utilize it to empower others.
Our outcome of either setting is the same: to offer you a path to understanding your own body, heart and mind and gain confidence, increase your knowledge and creative thinking about applying these complimentary tools to what you already offer your clients.
Sessions available in person or online.
If you are interested in being in a group, please write: connect at jill satterfield dot org
“Jill’s sage and compassionate teaching has helped me gain a deeper understanding of the practice of mindfulness. Since working with her I have both increased my commitment to my own mindfulness practice and expanded my conceptualization of how to practice. I have found her approach to somatic practices particularly helpful and since working with her, I feel much more confident incorporating this knowledge and practice into the work I do in my psychotherapy practice.” H.W. DBT clinician.
“As someone who has struggled with mindfulness and meditation, even as I’ve recommended these approaches to my therapy clients, I’ve had such a breakthrough working with Jill. Her relational approach to mindfulness has helped me to understand the concepts on a more intuitive level. Increasingly I find myself incorporating mindfulness into client sessions — with incredible results. Working with Jill has been an absolute joy and a career-expanding experience”. LCSW, Oakland, CA.
Past Clients include:
- Healing the Divide: The Richard Gere Foundation
- Bent on Learning: Yoga for Urban Youth, NYC
- The Lineage Project: Yoga and Meditation for At Risk Youth, NYC
- Gouverneur Healthcare, NYC
- Roosevelt Addiction Institute, NYC